- Zebra Designs
More about Zebra Designs
Zebra Designs' goal was to craft a timeless British luxury brand. Every single process from design to production is all done here in the UK.
You might ask why Zebra Design? Well, the inspiration for this came from one of the very first designs created which was the iconic zebra print, paired with the ethos of being unique, bold, and standing out from the crowd.
Zebra Designs plans to take interior design into the future. With this comes fabrics and processes which will help us look after the planet. Fabrics such as vegan suede and vegan shimmer velvet, down to our packaging including eco-friendly boxes and sugar cane produced bags.
NEXT IN INTERIORS
Zebra Designs is a British luxury interiors brand showcasing what we believe to be the next in interior design. Bold, vibrant, and unique prints that give any interior space that chic edge it needs. We constantly try to push the boundaries and will keep working on a design until we can conclude we have created a show-stopping design. As well as following trends Zebra Designs like to create them.
Founded by artist Samuel Keeley in 2019, Samuel has always had a way with color and been inspired by all of his surroundings. Obsessed with colour, textures, and bold images. What started out as a struggling artist studio in London Town, whilst working in some of London's most prestigious stores, gave Samuel the inspiration, knowledge, and experience to blossom what we know today as Zebra Designs.
Zebra Designs loves to tell a story through its carefully picked color palettes, textures, and illustrations. For example the ''INTO THE JUNGLE COLLECTION'' real takes you on a journey deep into the jungle, All of Zebra Designs Prints add a focal point to any room.
Zebra Designs luxury collections are currently available on cushions but plan to expand to new areas in the future. We are passionate about British manufacturing, so all of our products are proudly printed and made right here in the UK.
At Zebra Designs we offer a bespoke design service, where we work personally alongside our clients to create special one-off designs that are unique and exclusive.
What actually is Vegan Suede?
True suede is made from the inside surface of animal skin, including lamb, deer, cow, goat, and pig.
Faux suede materials are fabrics that give a similar look and feel to suede, but without the use of animal products.
Really, being completely honest about it, “Vegan Suede” is a buzzword which is currently in vogue, but it’s a product that has been around for years.
What we discovered, is a fantastic quality heavier weight fabric, which has a velvet nap and a similar look to other faux suede fabrics, but which is heavier in weight, has a more luxurious feel, and prints magnificently!
Needless to say, we grabbed this fabric and chose it as our main choice for vegan suede cushions.
VEGAN SHIMMER VELVET
What actually is Vegan Shimmer Velvet?
Velvet is a type of woven tufted fabric in which the cut threads are evenly distributed, with a short dense pile, giving it a distinctive soft feel. By extension, the word velvety means "smooth like velvet." Velvet can be made from either synthetic or natural fibers and true velvet is made from silkworms.
What actually is Kansas?
Crinkle velvet / crushed velvet – this fabric as the name suggests has a crushed look – it is embossed with an irregular, crumpled texture. It has a great luster/ shimmer and visual texture which makes it a very attractive fabric to sew with.
Needless to say, we grabbed this fabric and chose it as it gave a glamorous edge to our designs.
HOW WE CREATE
Our design process starts with a concept that is trending. Inspiration from nature and textures, creating designs/digital drawings which capture the intricate details and beauty of the subject. From the distinctive black and white stripes of a zebra to the dramatically bold colours in our textures collection. These designs are then brought to life with modern, digital colouring and printing techniques which add vibrancy to our work
We print via direct to textile pigment printing, on the roll, for the cushion cover panels to then be cut and sewn into cushion covers, Giving a high-quality luxury handmade finish and feel. Zebra Designs loves to help the environment by using vegan-friendly fabrics such as vegan suede and vegan shimmer velvet.
Quality zips are added, alongside hand sewn brand label. Packaged using a high-quality transparent cover and send using eco-friendly boxes.
£5.00 OFF your first order.
Promo code: FIVE
Subscribe to Our Site and Receive £5.00 OFF your first order.
Email: [email protected]
Connect & follow Zebra Designs
- Are all the products your entity (business, brand, organisation) produces and/or retails suitable for vegans? If no, then, unfortunately, you cannot register as we only accept submissions from 100% vegan entities.
- Which of the following best describes you (professionals and sole traders) or your organisation?
- Is your organisation an independent business/brand or a corporate owned business/brand?
- Are you a Grassroots organisation (for projects, charities/NGOs)?
- Are you a BAME (Black, Asian & Minority Ethnic) owned/run business/organisation?
- What type of business/organisation are you?
- Are you a woman-owned/run business/organisation?
Social, Economic and Environmental Justice
- Which social, economic or environmental justice causes does your entity (business, brand, organisation) support or promote (e.g. through social media posts, donations, attending protests and other direct actions etc.)?
- What do you do to support or promote each of the causes you have identified?
Animal cruelty free fabrics, Environment friendly packaging. Recycled Paper.
- Do you source products and/or ingredients from companies and suppliers that support fair labour practices?
Environment and Sustainability
- Do you reuse, recycle and/or donate any waste products (e.g. food, plastics, packaging etc.)?
- Do you only use recycled or recyclable materials for packaging?
- Is all of your packaging biodegradable?
- Does your business, organisation or project follow a zero waste philosophy?
Energy, Transport and Distribution
- How many of the products you produce and/or retail, and/or the ingredients you use, are made in the country in which your entity (business, organisation) is based?
- Does your business support or give back to the local community in any way?
- Does your business/organisation use an ethical bank or building society?