Veterinary Vegan Network
- Veterinary Vegan Network
More about Veterinary Vegan Network
A movement of qualified and trainee veterinary surgeons, nurses, paraveterinary individuals and their loved ones who believe that veganism is a moral imperative. We believe that those involved in the veterinary profession and in other animal care services should be leading by example.
VVN supports an animal rights-based approach to all forms of animal use and exploitation. We will work to educate both those within the sector and more widely.
Our mission is to be the centre of vegan activism within the veterinary and paraveterinary sectors and to support those leading by example.
VVN was launched in December 2015 by Shailen Jasani and Laila Kassam, co-founders of Ethical Globe. They are based in the United Kingdom. Melissa Resnick, a veterinarian based in the USA, and Nigel Davies, a UK-based veterinarian, joined them soon after.
At this time VVN consists of a Facebook page and a private group (https://www.facebook.com/groups/vetvegans/)
Email: [email protected]
Connect & follow Veterinary Vegan Network
- Which of the following best describes you (professionals and sole traders) or your organisation?
- Are you a Grassroots organisation (for projects, charities/NGOs)?
- Are you a BAME (Black, Asian & Minority Ethnic) owned/run business/organisation?
- What type of business/organisation are you?
- Are you a woman-owned/run business/organisation?
Social, Economic and Environmental Justice
- Which social, economic or environmental justice causes does your entity (business, brand, organisation) support or promote (e.g. through social media posts, donations, attending protests and other direct actions etc.)?
- What do you do to support or promote each of the causes you have identified?
Social media posting