- Veggies Abroad
More about Veggies Abroad
Veggies Abroad is a vegan travel planning blog featuring mouthwatering lineups of must-eat food, action-packed guides, trip tips, & more. You'll find everything to plan your vegan getaway — what are you waiting for?
New for 2023 — vegan tours!
In addition to helping vegan and veg-curious travelers, Veggies Abroad also offers consulting services, including working with tourism organizations to promote vegan options, to fundraising, communication, and event services for ethical businesses and orgs.
Email: [email protected]
Connect & follow Veggies Abroad
- Are all the products your entity (business, brand, organisation) produces and/or retails suitable for vegans? If no, then, unfortunately, you cannot register as we only accept submissions from 100% vegan entities.
- Which of the following best describes you (professionals and sole traders) or your organisation?
- Is your organisation an independent business/brand or a corporate owned business/brand?
- Are you a Grassroots organisation (for projects, charities/NGOs)?
- Are you a BAME (Black, Asian & Minority Ethnic) owned/run business/organisation?
- What type of business/organisation are you?
- Are you a woman-owned/run business/organisation?
Social, Economic and Environmental Justice
- Which social, economic or environmental justice causes does your entity (business, brand, organisation) support or promote (e.g. through social media posts, donations, attending protests and other direct actions etc.)?
Feminism and gender justice
- What do you do to support or promote each of the causes you have identified?
Mostly through social media
What is the motivation behind Veggies Abroad?
During the pandemic, like so many people, I took time to re-evaluate my career — I wanted to find a way to align it with my ethics in hopes of making this world a tiny bit kinder.
I started looking for jobs with vegan companies, but I struggled to find a fit. Before the pandemic, I travelled frequently, and people were always enamoured with what in the world I ate! I thought starting a vegan travel blog could help me help other vegan and veg-curious travellers while also forcing me to learn new skills and pivot my career. The blog grew and allowed me to take on freelance and consulting projects. At the end of 2021, I left my full-time job to jump into the world of Veggies Abroad completely.
Who is the team behind Veggies Abroad?
Just me! I am a one-woman show.
What one thing about Veggies Abroad would most surprise us?
The massive amount of time and effort it takes to run a blog! I didn't have a background in anything related to this field, so I went into it completely blind, which is probably a good thing!
What would you wish for if you could be granted one wish?
I'm going to go big with this one — I'd love to win the lotto so I could become an angel investor to help all the amazing vegan and ethical businesses out there, especially the startups. There are so many fantastic people out there doing amazing work, but sadly most won't make it. The world needs more ethically driven businesses that want to make a difference in the world.
Is there anything else you want to share about Veggies Abroad?
In addition to the blog, I offer fundraising, communications, and event management consulting services.