The Ilex Wood
- The Ilex Wood
More about The Ilex Wood
Because Beauty doesn't have to cost the Earth...
My name is Holly, and I am the founder of “The Ilex Wood”.
Let me tell you a little bit about myself and the ethos behind the products I create.
Ever since I was a little girl I have been a bit obsessed with nature. Growing up in the heart of the English countryside and being a farmer’s daughter meant I spent a great deal of time outdoors, whether it be getting muddy on long walks, watching the birds or identifying the wild flowers along the hedgerows.
This love of nature still runs deep within me and has inspired me to change my beauty routine.
Like many, I was spending far too much money on expensive creams and products by well-known high end beauty brands promising me miracles and costing the earth - Products with ingredients lists as long as a short novel and may as well have been written in a different language as I had no idea what any of them were! Not only were the ingredients disturbing, the environmental impact of the products were ambiguous and unclear – so many big names still testing on animals.
Tired of expensive promises and obscure chemicals I was moved to overhaul how I took care of my skin. Time to simplify.
Unable to find any purely natural products in the stores (many market themselves as natural but check the labels!) I took to creating my own using the plant knowledge I already had to create effective and luxurious skin care products.
Nothing unnatural. Nothing complicated. Nothing toxic.
Open online shop 24/7
Email: [email protected]
Connect & follow The Ilex Wood
- Are all the products your entity (business, brand, organisation) produces and/or retails suitable for vegans? If no, then, unfortunately, you cannot register as we only accept submissions from 100% vegan entities.
- Which of the following best describes you (professionals and sole traders) or your organisation?
- Is your organisation an independent business/brand or a corporate owned business/brand?
- What type of business/organisation are you?
- Are you a woman-owned/run business/organisation?
Social, Economic and Environmental Justice
- Which social, economic or environmental justice causes does your entity (business, brand, organisation) support or promote (e.g. through social media posts, donations, attending protests and other direct actions etc.)?
Feminism and gender justice
Refugee and asylum justice
- Does your business/organisation have an ethical labour policy or code of practice (either formal or informal) which ensures fair labour practices?
- Does your business/organisation have policies and practices which actively promote diversity and inclusion?
- Is your business a member of the World Fair Trade Organisation?
- Do you source products and/or ingredients from companies and suppliers that support fair labour practices?
As much as possible
Environment and Sustainability
- If any of the products you produce and/or retail, or ingredients you use, have a sustainable production certification, please indicate which certifications apply?
- Overall, how many of the products that you produce and/or retail, or ingredients you use, are certified by the sustainable production certifications listed in the question above?
Many (one to two thirds)
- Are any of the products that you produce and/or retail, or ingredients you use, produced using sustainable production methods albeit uncertified?
- Are any of the products that you produce and/or retail, or ingredients you use, free of palm oil?
- Do you reuse, recycle and/or donate any waste products (e.g. food, plastics, packaging etc.)?
- Do you only use recycled or recyclable materials for packaging?
- Is all of your packaging biodegradable?
- Does your business, organisation or project follow a zero waste philosophy?
Energy, Transport and Distribution
- How many of the products you produce and/or retail, and/or the ingredients you use, are made in the country in which your entity (business, organisation) is based?
Many (one to two thirds)
- Does your business support or give back to the local community in any way?
- Does your business/organisation use an ethical bank or building society?