The Hornbeam Environment Centre
- The Hornbeam Environment Centre
More about The Hornbeam Environment Centre
We are an environmental centre with the aim to educate, empower and engage local communities in social and environmental issues.
Our Vision is of active communities where people have a positive impact on their environment.
Our mission is to:
Inspire people to think about how we live our lives and use resources
Empower community-led action and support new initiatives that lead to positive environmental and social change
To realise this we develop local projects focusing on:
>building community resilience
>mitigating and adapting to the Climate Emergency
>healthy, affordable, sustainable food
Community food hubs set up
Incubation of community projects
Rescue food distribution
Low-cost young family activities
Combat social isolation
Wheelchair access: Yes
Wheelchair accessible toilet: Yes
Connect & follow The Hornbeam Environment Centre
- Are all the products your entity (business, brand, organisation) produces and/or retails suitable for vegans? If no, then, unfortunately, you cannot register as we only accept submissions from 100% vegan entities.
- Which of the following best describes you (professionals and sole traders) or your organisation?
- Are you a Grassroots organisation (for projects, charities/NGOs)?
- What type of business/organisation are you?
Social, Economic and Environmental Justice
- Which social, economic or environmental justice causes does your entity (business, brand, organisation) support or promote (e.g. through social media posts, donations, attending protests and other direct actions etc.)?
- Does your business/organisation have an ethical labour policy or code of practice (either formal or informal) which ensures fair labour practices?
- Does your business/organisation have policies and practices which actively promote diversity and inclusion?
- Is your business a member of the World Fair Trade Organisation?
- Do you source products and/or ingredients from companies and suppliers that support fair labour practices?
As much as possible
Environment and Sustainability
- If any of the products you produce and/or retail, or ingredients you use, have a sustainable production certification, please indicate which certifications apply?
- Do you reuse, recycle and/or donate any waste products (e.g. food, plastics, packaging etc.)?
- Do you only use recycled or recyclable materials for packaging?
- Is all of your packaging biodegradable?
- Does your business, organisation or project follow a zero waste philosophy?
- Does your business support or give back to the local community in any way?
- Does your business/organisation use an ethical bank or building society?