Omni Pet Ltd.
- Omni Pet Ltd.
More about Omni Pet Ltd.
Omni is the most delicious of all the plant-based dog foods and the most trusted due to its vet-led formulation and five-star customer support. We bring the joy back to mealtimes! Our recipes are 100% nutritionally complete, made from premium plant-powered ingredients and up to 90% more sustainable, resulting in better health outcomes for dogs whilst being kinder to the planet.
Omni was formulated by our team of world-leading veterinarian nutritionists including Dr Mike Davies, a former clinical nutritionist at Hills and Iams as well as a Professor of Veterinary Sciences at Nottingham University. Our vet team analysed the existing academic literature to determine the best blend of premium plant-based ingredients with the highest levels of proven digestibility. As such, Omni has the highest protein content of any plant-based brands in the world at 30% which even surpasses many meat-based competitors.
We sell our delicious Omni food via our online store and also through a select number of veterinary clinics and boutique pet shops. Our customer excellence team are at hand 24/7 to answer any queries at [email protected]
Email: [email protected]
Connect & follow Omni Pet Ltd.
- Are all the products your entity (business, brand, organisation) produces and/or retails suitable for vegans? If no, then, unfortunately, you cannot register as we only accept submissions from 100% vegan entities.
- Which of the following best describes you (professionals and sole traders) or your organisation?
- Is your organisation an independent business/brand or a corporate owned business/brand?
- Are you a BAME (Black, Asian & Minority Ethnic) owned/run business/organisation?
- What type of business/organisation are you?
- Are you a woman-owned/run business/organisation?
Social, Economic and Environmental Justice
- Which social, economic or environmental justice causes does your entity (business, brand, organisation) support or promote (e.g. through social media posts, donations, attending protests and other direct actions etc.)?
- Does your business/organisation have policies and practices which actively promote diversity and inclusion?
Environment and Sustainability
- Are any of the products that you produce and/or retail, or ingredients you use, produced using sustainable production methods albeit uncertified?
- Are any of the products that you produce and/or retail, or ingredients you use, free of palm oil?
- Do you only use recycled or recyclable materials for packaging?
- Is all of your packaging biodegradable?
- Does your business, organisation or project follow a zero waste philosophy?
Energy, Transport and Distribution
- How many of the products you produce and/or retail, and/or the ingredients you use, are made in the country in which your entity (business, organisation) is based?
Some (less than a third)
- Does your business support or give back to the local community in any way?
What was the motivation behind your project? What did you want to change in the world?
We created OMNI to bring healthier and more environmentally sustainable dog food to the market. Processed meat has been proven to cause cancer and obesity in humans yet it’s one of the most common ingredients in dog food. We know that cancer is extremely common in dogs and that in the UK 1 in 2 dogs suffer from obesity-related health problems. Not only this, but the world's pets eat 20% of the planet’s meat, that’s the equivalent environmental impact of 13.6 million cars.
We’ve found a way to replace processed meat with our premium plant-protein blend. Our recipes are lower in fat up to 90% more sustainable in terms of land, water, and CO2 emissions. Not only that, but they are also 100% cruelty-free as no animals had to be slaughtered to make them and dogs up and down the country LOVE them as much (if not more) than meat-based alternatives.
We’re on a mission to bring the plant-powered goodness of OMNI to mealtimes for dogs everywhere, be it for a full or flexitarian plant-powered diet.
Who is the team behind your project?
OMNI was founded by Dr. Guy Sandelowsky, a respected and experienced small animal veterinarian and Shiv Sivakumar a dog lover who grew up with dogs thriving on plant-based diets for generations. The pair have recruited a team of world-renowned veterinary nutritionists and food scientists to create dog food that’s nutritionally complete and absolutely delicious.
What one thing about your project would most surprise us?
Science has proven that dogs don’t actually need meat to thrive. Dogs are omnivores, which means that like us, they are able to derive their nutrition from plant-based sources too.
Our food is made from delicious ingredients that humans like to eat too like sweet potato, brown rice, lentils and pumpkin. At 30% protein, it has more protein than most traditional meat-based dry dog food on the market and the best bit, dogs LOVE it!
If your project could be granted one wish, what would you wish for?
Our one wish would be to put a free bag of OMNI into all dog parents' hands so that they could try our yummy food and see just how much joy it brings to dogs' lives.
Is there anything else that you would like to share with us about your project?
Our customer excellence team is run by a fantastic team of experienced veterinarians who are always at hand to answer any questions.