- Jecca Blac
More about Jecca Blac
Jecca Blac is a vegan, gender-free makeup brand that began with makeup lessons for trans women and those at the very start of their transition or makeup journey. With a background in makeup artistry in film and TV, Jessica Blackler began Jecca Blac as a safe space for her clients to learn skills that would go on to give them daily confidence to live as their most authentic and celebrated versions of themselves. Many of her clients requested advice on beard shadow coverage and contouring to soften and feminise features.
During these lessons, Jessica realised the oversight of the beauty world in not considering the needs of transfeminine makeup wearers, and so she decided to create her own range of gender-free products starting with our Correct & Conceal Palette. This Palette was the first of its kind, providing simple and effective beard shadow coverage while also being versatile enough to suit the concealer and base needs of ALL makeup wearers. It also went on to win Best Concealer of 2020 at the Beauty Bible Awards last year and was the start of our journey as a gender-free makeup retailer.
Since then, Jessica has provided voluntary makeup lessons to trans prisoners, and at the start of 2020 held London's first-ever Trans Festival - a new community event for trans+ people and allies to come together in a setting with the same gentle, empowered, safe space approach found in those early makeup lessons. We look forward to bringing back the Trans Festival when restrictions permit - and in the meantime have partnered with LGBT+ charities including Mermaids, Switchboard LGBT, and most recently raised funds for AKT Charity during Lesbian Visibility Week. We and our trans-inclusive team want to create a world where everybody can feel celebrated - regardless of gender, identity, expression, pronouns, sexuality, shape, size or ability!
For more information on Jecca Blac, visit https://jeccablac.com
Follow us on socials @jeccablac
All our products are vegan and cruelty free and we're based in the UK but we ship worldwide!
15% OFF WHEN ENTERED AT CHECKOUT!
Promo code: ETHICALGLOBE15
For 15% off all products, apply code 'ETHICALGLOBE15' at checkout!
*Only applicable for full price products, not applicable for bundles*
Email: [email protected]
Connect & follow Jecca Blac
- Are all the products your entity (business, brand, organisation) produces and/or retails suitable for vegans? If no, then, unfortunately, you cannot register as we only accept submissions from 100% vegan entities.
- Is your organisation an independent business/brand or a corporate owned business/brand?
- Are you a Grassroots organisation (for projects, charities/NGOs)?
- Are you a BAME (Black, Asian & Minority Ethnic) owned/run business/organisation?
- What type of business/organisation are you?
- Are you a woman-owned/run business/organisation?
Social, Economic and Environmental Justice
- Which social, economic or environmental justice causes does your entity (business, brand, organisation) support or promote (e.g. through social media posts, donations, attending protests and other direct actions etc.)?
Feminism and gender justice
- What do you do to support or promote each of the causes you have identified?
We are a PETA certified brand and we regularly partner with LGBT+ charities by fundraising with sales. These charities have included Mermaids, Switchboard LGBT+ and AKT Charity. We also use our social platforms to regularly speak out in favour of marginalised groups with our #WithJeccaBlac series and also have a separate instagram dedicated entirely to trans activism - @trans_festival (which is also in promotion of our annual event which brings together the community and allies).
- Does your business/organisation have policies and practices which actively promote diversity and inclusion?
Environment and Sustainability
- Are any of the products that you produce and/or retail, or ingredients you use, produced using sustainable production methods albeit uncertified?
- Do you reuse, recycle and/or donate any waste products (e.g. food, plastics, packaging etc.)?
- Do you only use recycled or recyclable materials for packaging?
- Is all of your packaging biodegradable?
Energy, Transport and Distribution
- How many of the products you produce and/or retail, and/or the ingredients you use, are made in the country in which your entity (business, organisation) is based?
- Does your business support or give back to the local community in any way?