Helen Barker Art
- Helen Barker Art
More about Helen Barker Art
Helen is a multi-media artist, creating works which examine, expose and condemn our use of other animals. Exploring themes around the systemic oppression of other species, and our largely unquestioning acceptance of that system, her art aims to tear down the myths which allow humans to continue our daily subjugation of trillions of sentient individuals . She strives to allow those other animals depicted in her work to speak authentically, with their own voices, and hopes to open a channel to conversation among the viewers, which will bring about change.
Prints of some of the works are available, please contact via social media or by email.
The work is occasionally exhibited, please see website for details.
Email: [email protected]
Connect & follow Helen Barker Art
- Are all the products your entity (business, brand, organisation) produces and/or retails suitable for vegans? If no, then, unfortunately, you cannot register as we only accept submissions from 100% vegan entities.
- Which of the following best describes you (professionals and sole traders) or your organisation?
- Is your organisation an independent business/brand or a corporate owned business/brand?
- Are you a BAME (Black, Asian & Minority Ethnic) owned/run business/organisation?
- What type of business/organisation are you?
- Are you a woman-owned/run business/organisation?
Social, Economic and Environmental Justice
- Which social, economic or environmental justice causes does your entity (business, brand, organisation) support or promote (e.g. through social media posts, donations, attending protests and other direct actions etc.)?
Feminism and gender justice
Refugee and asylum justice
- What do you do to support or promote each of the causes you have identified?
social media mainly, occasional protests
Environment and Sustainability
- Do you reuse, recycle and/or donate any waste products (e.g. food, plastics, packaging etc.)?
- Do you only use recycled or recyclable materials for packaging?
- Is all of your packaging biodegradable?
- Does your business support or give back to the local community in any way?
- Does your business/organisation use an ethical bank or building society?