Green Heart Eco
- Green Heart Eco
More about Green Heart Eco
After seeing the terrible devastation in the rain forests through deforestation & palm oil plantations along with terrifying statistics regarding the huge amounts of plastic in our oceans drove us to change our habits as a family to become plastic free & sustainable,
Our struggle to find both affordable, good quality plastic alternatives and sustainable \ re-usable products it motivated us to set up Green Heart Eco.
With a mission for a greener future, we work together with specially selected suppliers which enable us to provide everyone with a selection of ethically sourced, manufactured and shipped products, guaranteed to cause as little impact to the environment as possible.
We are here to empower people to become more sustainable and eco-friendly one small swap at a time, adding up to a positive impact upon the world we live & by shopping with us you can rest assured that you will be playing your part in the most important change.
Start your sustainable journey & join us, together, we can make a difference, not only for us but for our children & future generations!
10% off your first order
Visit our website & use code first10 at checkout to receive 10% off your first order with us.
Connect & follow Green Heart Eco
- Are all the products your entity (business, brand, organisation) produces and/or retails suitable for vegans? If no, then, unfortunately, you cannot register as we only accept submissions from 100% vegan entities.
- Is your organisation an independent business/brand or a corporate owned business/brand?
- Are you a Grassroots organisation (for projects, charities/NGOs)?
- Are you a BAME (Black, Asian & Minority Ethnic) owned/run business/organisation?
- What type of business/organisation are you?
- Are you a woman-owned/run business/organisation?
Social, Economic and Environmental Justice
- Which social, economic or environmental justice causes does your entity (business, brand, organisation) support or promote (e.g. through social media posts, donations, attending protests and other direct actions etc.)?
- What do you do to support or promote each of the causes you have identified?
We only stock ethically sourced, sustainable, natural/organic products.
- Is your business a member of the World Fair Trade Organisation?
Environment and Sustainability
- If any of the products you produce and/or retail, or ingredients you use, have a sustainable production certification, please indicate which certifications apply?
Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS) certified
- Overall, how many of the products that you produce and/or retail, or ingredients you use, are certified by the sustainable production certifications listed in the question above?
Many (one to two thirds)
- Are any of the products that you produce and/or retail, or ingredients you use, produced using sustainable production methods albeit uncertified?
- Are any of the products that you produce and/or retail, or ingredients you use, free of palm oil?
- Do you reuse, recycle and/or donate any waste products (e.g. food, plastics, packaging etc.)?
- Do you only use recycled or recyclable materials for packaging?
- Is all of your packaging biodegradable?
- Does your business, organisation or project follow a zero waste philosophy?
Energy, Transport and Distribution
- How many of the products you produce and/or retail, and/or the ingredients you use, are made in the country in which your entity (business, organisation) is based?
Some (less than a third)
- Does your business support or give back to the local community in any way?
What was the motivation behind your brand, business or organisation? What did you want to change in the world?
After seeing the devastation / deforestation in the rain forests & the absolutely dreadful statistics about the plastic pollution in our oceans, motivated us to change our habits and lifestyle as a family to go as sustainable and as eco-friendly as possible.
Who is the team behind your brand, business or organisation?
We are a small family-run business
What one thing about your brand, business or organisation would most surprise us, or is not known outside of your team?
A surprising thing is the truly staggering figures that we've been discovering,
- Over 2 million tonnes of plastic packaging are used in the UK each year.
- Between 8 to 14 million tonnes enters our ocean every year.
- 1 in 3 fish for human consumption contains plastic.
That's just a couple of examples!!
If your brand, business or organisation could be granted one wish, what would you wish for?
We would wish to get the message across to as many people as possible to make better choices and use more sustainable, eco-friendly and renewable products.