Ethical Tee Company
- Ethical Tee Company
More about Ethical Tee Company
Ethical Tee Company was started by Richard Cassar who switched to a vegan lifestyle in 2015 after 20 years as a vegetarian. (I know).
Richard has 20+ years in the music merchandise business, having been the new business development director and senior account manager with an international merchandise company with 100's of clients ranging from Adele, New Order, Lou Reed, Universal Records & NME, through to small independent bands and labels.
After a short break from the business Richard started Ethical Tee Company to highlight the ease in which you can switch to a sustainable apparel and print option for your business.
ETC ONLY uses apparel that is either one or all of the below;
Climate neutral, 100% GOTS certified organic cotton or uses sustainable fabrics like EcoVero or Tencel, certified by Fairtrade or Fairwear.
Ethical Tee Company provides screen printing and has a fully integrated system for Print On Demand and fulfilment.
All our inks are phthalate free and vegan.
We do not supply brands that are audited by WRAP.
One of the important bits of information from a vegan point of view in choosing a garment supplier is to make sure that the cotton is GOTS organic cotton.
Cotton accounts for 3% of the worlds crop and yet uses 24% of the worlds insecticide.
It is a devastating crop, and the industry causes some of the worst environmental disasters on the planet. Look up cotton and The Aral Sea for an example of this, the garment industry is also one of the worst workers and human rights abusers on the planet. This is a reason why we do not support brands that has the WRAP audit, there are simply too many consistent and persistent reports coming out of places like Haiti, Dominican Republic, Bangladesh, & India from brands that use the WRAP logo for its 'ethical' identity to trust it's authenticity. It certainly hasn't got a level of transparency on the WRAP website to make informed decisions.
With www.fairwear.org you can investigate via their reports the actual brands, and their system supports transparency.
If you are interested on finding out more information the work being done within the garment industry the organisations below are amazing;
Email: [email protected]
Connect & follow Ethical Tee Company
- Are all the products your entity (business, brand, organisation) produces and/or retails suitable for vegans? If no, then, unfortunately, you cannot register as we only accept submissions from 100% vegan entities.
- Which of the following best describes you (professionals and sole traders) or your organisation?
- Is your organisation an independent business/brand or a corporate owned business/brand?
- Are you a Grassroots organisation (for projects, charities/NGOs)?
- Are you a BAME (Black, Asian & Minority Ethnic) owned/run business/organisation?
- What type of business/organisation are you?
- Are you a woman-owned/run business/organisation?
Social, Economic and Environmental Justice
- Which social, economic or environmental justice causes does your entity (business, brand, organisation) support or promote (e.g. through social media posts, donations, attending protests and other direct actions etc.)?
Feminism and gender justice
Refugee and asylum justice
- What do you do to support or promote each of the causes you have identified?
Share information, join protests.
- Is your business a member of the World Fair Trade Organisation?
- Do any of the products you produce and/or retail, or ingredients you use, have fairtrade certifications?
Some (less than a third)
- Do you source products and/or ingredients from companies and suppliers that support fair labour practices?
Environment and Sustainability
- If any of the products you produce and/or retail, or ingredients you use, have a sustainable production certification, please indicate which certifications apply?
Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS) certified
- Overall, how many of the products that you produce and/or retail, or ingredients you use, are certified by the sustainable production certifications listed in the question above?
- Are any of the products that you produce and/or retail, or ingredients you use, produced using sustainable production methods albeit uncertified?
- Do you reuse, recycle and/or donate any waste products (e.g. food, plastics, packaging etc.)?
- Do you only use recycled or recyclable materials for packaging?
- Is all of your packaging biodegradable?
- Does your business, organisation or project follow a zero waste philosophy?
Energy, Transport and Distribution
- How many of the products you produce and/or retail, and/or the ingredients you use, are made in the country in which your entity (business, organisation) is based?
Some (less than a third)
- Does your business support or give back to the local community in any way?
- Does your business/organisation use an ethical bank or building society?