- Estia Soaps
More about Estia Soaps
Estia soaps is a family owned business. Our Greek heritage, led to an admiration for the benefits on skin and hair of olive oil. In our small workshop in Scotland we produce olive oil soaps and shampoo bars, enriched with pure essential oils, clays and botanicals. The unique recipe, based on olive oil is offering a Head to Toe soap cube that can be used on hair and body, contributing into a plastic free living. One soap for everything! In our collection you will also find luxury bath salts, aromatherapy sleep pillow mist and a range of vegan, natural gift boxes.
Palm oil free (applies to specific soaps)
10% off all products
Promo code: ethicalglobe10
Add the discount code at checkout. The code is valid for 1 purchase per customer.
**Not applicable for products in the Offers collection
Email: [email protected]
Connect & follow Estia Soaps
- Are all the products your entity (business, brand, organisation) produces and/or retails suitable for vegans? If no, then, unfortunately, you cannot register as we only accept submissions from 100% vegan entities.
- Which of the following best describes you (professionals and sole traders) or your organisation?
- Is your organisation an independent business/brand or a corporate owned business/brand?
- Are you a Grassroots organisation (for projects, charities/NGOs)?
- Are you a BAME (Black, Asian & Minority Ethnic) owned/run business/organisation?
- What type of business/organisation are you?
- Are you a woman-owned/run business/organisation?
Social, Economic and Environmental Justice
- Which social, economic or environmental justice causes does your entity (business, brand, organisation) support or promote (e.g. through social media posts, donations, attending protests and other direct actions etc.)?
- What do you do to support or promote each of the causes you have identified?
- Do any of the products you produce and/or retail, or ingredients you use, have fairtrade certifications?
- Do you source products and/or ingredients from companies and suppliers that support fair labour practices?
Environment and Sustainability
- If any of the products you produce and/or retail, or ingredients you use, have a sustainable production certification, please indicate which certifications apply?
- Overall, how many of the products that you produce and/or retail, or ingredients you use, are certified by the sustainable production certifications listed in the question above?
Some (less than a third)
- Are any of the products that you produce and/or retail, or ingredients you use, free of palm oil?
Many (one to two thirds)
- If any of the products that you produce and/or retail, or ingredients you use, contain palm oil, is it sustainably sourced?
- Do you only use recycled or recyclable materials for packaging?
- Is all of your packaging biodegradable?
- Does your business, organisation or project follow a zero waste philosophy?
Energy, Transport and Distribution
- How many of the products you produce and/or retail, and/or the ingredients you use, are made in the country in which your entity (business, organisation) is based?
Many (one to two thirds)
- Does your business support or give back to the local community in any way?
- Does your business/organisation use an ethical bank or building society?
What was the motivation behind your brand, business or organisation? What did you want to change in the world?
The motivation to start our business was the birth of our second son Aggelos, who was born with Down syndrome. We realized it was an opportunity to create a family business and help both our sons to have something for their future where they could explore their potentials and talents. Like creating something or in communication, sales. People with Down syndrome can accomplish anything they want with the right support, and we believe in human equality. We have a strong vision of a plastic-free and cruelty-free world. Therefore all our products and packaging are designed with an eco-conscious mind and with 100% natural, plant and earth-based ingredients. Small changes can make a difference and small businesses can definitely contribute to helping with sustainability.
Who is the team behind your brand, business or organization?
Olga is the founder and owner, Spiros her husband helps with packaging and production. In the sales team are Chloe and Nathan.
What one thing about your brand, business or organisation would most surprise us or is not known outside of your team?
All our soaps have been inspired by ancient Greek mythology, and each soap is named after a Greek God/Goddess. The essential oils and herbs that are inside each soap, are selected after long research and they represent the sacred plants of each God. The personality of the God/Goddess is actually mirrored in the ingredients, therefore the moment you choose a soap is not only about your skin, but you actually choose something that also fits your personality. Just try it! You will never find anything synthetic in our soaps as we want to keep "clean energy" and receive all the maximum benefits for skin and spirit.
If your brand, business or organisation could be granted one wish, what would you wish for?
To remain sustainable for the next generation and see more small businesses making the change to contribute to a greener world. It's about time businesses act and innovate for sustainability.
Is there anything else that you would like to share with us about your brand, business or organization?
We believe in simplicity with no compromises. That's why we create our soaps with a unique recipe to be used Head to Toe. One soap for everything with a naturally luxurious sensation. It's one step closer to a plastic-free living and a chance to replace the shampoo and shower gel bottles with one single soap cube. Join our vision!