- Conscious Skincare
More about Conscious Skincare
Bore Da! (hello in welsh) and welcome to Conscious Skincare! We've been designing, creating and making all our multi award-winning organic products from our rural retreat, here on the beautiful west coast of Wales since 2011.
The land and seascape here has inspired us over the years to craft our unique and natural blends whilst leaving out the not-so-desirable ingredients that your skin really doesn’t need.
Every ingredient we choose is there because it can help your skin, hands, hair or face. We don't add colour or synthetic fragrance. We just let our products natural colour to come through with their delicate aromas rising from the blend of essential oils.
Our respect for nature is reflected in what we do and so all our products are vegan and palm oil free. We support lots of different charities through the year, although we do forget to shout about it!
We support a fair trade co-operative in India whose work has enabled women to escape the poverty trap. These wonderful individuals handmake our branded bags for our Festival sets and Spa sets
We package our products in recycled or recyclable glass, aluminium and paper. And we wrap and ship your gifts and products carefully, with love and care, in recycled card and boxes.
We hope you enjoy browsing our store and do get in touch with any questions; always here and happy to help!
Rebecca & Quentin
We sell our products through our website and also offer wholesale, supplying refill stores, independent spa clients and bespoke hotels too.
If you're unsure about which products to choose then please get in touch and we will put together a 'personal prescription' of suggested products for you to try. We sell sample sizes too so you can try out different products in a very cost effective way to find what is right for you.
10% off all poducts
Promo code: ethicalglobe
Use this code at checkout to get 10% off your order. Excludes shipping.
Email: [email protected]
Connect & follow Conscious Skincare
- Are all the products your entity (business, brand, organisation) produces and/or retails suitable for vegans? If no, then, unfortunately, you cannot register as we only accept submissions from 100% vegan entities.
- Which of the following best describes you (professionals and sole traders) or your organisation?
- Is your organisation an independent business/brand or a corporate owned business/brand?
- Are you a Grassroots organisation (for projects, charities/NGOs)?
- What type of business/organisation are you?
Social, Economic and Environmental Justice
- Which social, economic or environmental justice causes does your entity (business, brand, organisation) support or promote (e.g. through social media posts, donations, attending protests and other direct actions etc.)?
Feminism and gender justice
Refugee and asylum justice
- What do you do to support or promote each of the causes you have identified?
Share petitions, donate, raise awareness
- Is your business a member of the World Fair Trade Organisation?
- Do any of the products you produce and/or retail, or ingredients you use, have fairtrade certifications?
Some (less than a third)
- Do you source products and/or ingredients from companies and suppliers that support fair labour practices?
Environment and Sustainability
- If any of the products you produce and/or retail, or ingredients you use, have a sustainable production certification, please indicate which certifications apply?
Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS) certified
- Overall, how many of the products that you produce and/or retail, or ingredients you use, are certified by the sustainable production certifications listed in the question above?
Many (one to two thirds)
- Are any of the products that you produce and/or retail, or ingredients you use, produced using sustainable production methods albeit uncertified?
- Are any of the products that you produce and/or retail, or ingredients you use, free of palm oil?
- Do you reuse, recycle and/or donate any waste products (e.g. food, plastics, packaging etc.)?
- Do you only use recycled or recyclable materials for packaging?
- Does your business, organisation or project follow a zero waste philosophy?
Energy, Transport and Distribution
- How many of the products you produce and/or retail, and/or the ingredients you use, are made in the country in which your entity (business, organisation) is based?
Many (one to two thirds)
- Does your business support or give back to the local community in any way?
- Does your business/organisation use an ethical bank or building society?
What was the motivation behind your project? What did you want to change in the world?
There were 2 key motivations; the first was being completely dumbfounded by complicated-sounding ingredients listed on a cream I was using and thinking "what on earth is this stuff?! Why am I putting stuff on my skin when I don't even understand what it is??!!" The second driver was my husband being poisoned and having to find products he could use safely. In the end, I made our own and Conscious Skincare was born. We wanted to offer people products where they can understand the ingredients and that the skin benefits are actually true and in the product, not just in the marketing ads!
Who is the team behind your project?
Me and my husband, Quentin
What one thing about your project would most surprise us?
My personal attachment to every product which goes out the door! We design and create all our products and so each product is very personal like I'm letting a piece of me go each time we send out our customers' orders. Bizarre I know but true!
If your project could be granted one wish, what would you wish for?
To achieve our ethical goal of 'leave no trace'. That would be epic and awesome and be the best day ever when we achieve that
Is there anything else that you would like to share with us about your project?
Making organic skincare products that really do help the wellness of people's skin is a gift of an opportunity in my life and is the most fulfilling and enriching 'job' I have ever done!