More about ChicP
ChicP is a sustainable plant-based brand producing nutritious veggie bites and delicious healthy hummus made from surplus vegetables. Founded on a passionate commitment to reduce food waste and eating healthier, sustainable food.
Our hummus range comes in a wide variety of beautiful flavours, four of which have 30% vegetable content and root superfoods. They are highly nutritional as well as being extremely delicious, fresh, natural and sustainable.
Our veggie bites are a more nutritious and tasty take to falafel. Due to the high quantity of vegetables, they are moist, more flavoursome and a great meat alternative. Keep an eye out for the next phase of our journey, which will focus more on seasonality and local produce, showing the functional benefits of our ingredients.
ChicP is stocked in Wholefoods, Planet Organic, Ocado, Booths, Amazon Fresh and many other independents across the UK.
You can also find out more information on our website (www.chicp.co.uk) which also has plenty of interesting and environmental blogs as well as recipes and updates on our events.
Our instagram page @chicpfood is also full of ideas, inspiration and updates!
Hummus is life - great for everyone! Kids, adults and the elderly... you can't go wrong.
Email: [email protected]
Connect & follow ChicP
- Are all the products your entity (business, brand, organisation) produces and/or retails suitable for vegans? If no, then, unfortunately, you cannot register as we only accept submissions from 100% vegan entities.
- Which of the following best describes you (professionals and sole traders) or your organisation?
- Is your organisation an independent business/brand or a corporate owned business/brand?
- Are you a Grassroots organisation (for projects, charities/NGOs)?
- What type of business/organisation are you?
- Are you a woman-owned/run business/organisation?
Social, Economic and Environmental Justice
- Which social, economic or environmental justice causes does your entity (business, brand, organisation) support or promote (e.g. through social media posts, donations, attending protests and other direct actions etc.)?
Feminism and gender justice
- Does your business/organisation have an ethical labour policy or code of practice (either formal or informal) which ensures fair labour practices?
- Does your business/organisation have policies and practices which actively promote diversity and inclusion?
- Is your business a member of the World Fair Trade Organisation?
- Do you source products and/or ingredients from companies and suppliers that support fair labour practices?
Environment and Sustainability
- If any of the products you produce and/or retail, or ingredients you use, have a sustainable production certification, please indicate which certifications apply?
- Are any of the products that you produce and/or retail, or ingredients you use, produced using sustainable production methods albeit uncertified?
- Are any of the products that you produce and/or retail, or ingredients you use, free of palm oil?
- If any of the products that you produce and/or retail, or ingredients you use, contain palm oil, is it sustainably sourced?
- Do you reuse, recycle and/or donate any waste products (e.g. food, plastics, packaging etc.)?
- Do you only use recycled or recyclable materials for packaging?
- Is all of your packaging biodegradable?
- Does your business, organisation or project follow a zero waste philosophy?
Energy, Transport and Distribution
- How many of the products you produce and/or retail, and/or the ingredients you use, are made in the country in which your entity (business, organisation) is based?
Many (one to two thirds)
- Does your business support or give back to the local community in any way?
- Does your business/organisation use an ethical bank or building society?
What was the motivation behind your project? What did you want to change in the world?
I have always been hugely passionate about food waste. Witnessing huge amounts of food go to waste at events and watching many programmes about farmers going under because their produce wasn't fit for supermarkets, as well as being a countryside and farm lover, really made me want to raise awareness around food waste and help the problem.
While also encouraging people to eat more plant-based foods.
Who is the team behind your project?
I have a wonderful sales and marketing employee called Anna, two great interns and a senior sales exec. I am lucky to have a high quality and reliable manufacturer who produce our delicious, healthy products.
What one thing about your project would most surprise us?
That I still love hummus.. and that sadly, I have found more and more challenges in the food system which result in waste having worked in and visited so many different areas of the industry. Maybe that's not a surprise?
If your project could be granted one wish, what would you wish for?
I would wish that I could work directly with the farmers I want to work with and be organic.
Is there anything else that you would like to share with us about your project?
Follow the journey! There are always lots of barriers but the more support and followers that we have, the quicker we can get there to help reach our company's mission!