Animal Think Tank
- Animal Think Tank
More about Animal Think Tank
Animal Think Tank’s mission is to support the building of a broad-based anti-speciesist movement that has the power, resilience and longevity to ensure all individual animals have their rights to life, liberty and the security of person protected in UK law and embraced by society. We aim to achieve this by organising and mobilising people to engage in constructive work and nonviolent civil disobedience. Alongside this, we aim to assist the strategic direction, capacity and innovation of the wider movement, seeding any needed organisations, and supporting the many others working towards Animal Freedom in their own diverse ways. Our main areas of work include: Movement Building and Unity; Anti-speciesism; Strategy; Narrative Framing; Organising Structures; Culture; Nonviolence; Leadership Development; and Training.
Since launching in 2018, we’ve trained hundreds of changemakers through Movement Building workshops in the UK, US and Canada. We also launched Animal Rebellion, an ally to Extinction Rebellion, who are seeking to push the issue of animal farming and fishing into the environmental movement’s focus.
We are currently 12 full-timers. By 2023 we intend to scale into a team of 20-30 people and launch a mass movement organisation for animal freedom.
Email: [email protected]
Connect & follow Animal Think Tank
- Which of the following best describes you (professionals and sole traders) or your organisation?
- Are you a Grassroots organisation (for projects, charities/NGOs)?
- Are you a BAME (Black, Asian & Minority Ethnic) owned/run business/organisation?
- What type of business/organisation are you?
Charity / non-profit
- Are you a woman-owned/run business/organisation?
Social, Economic and Environmental Justice
- Which social, economic or environmental justice causes does your entity (business, brand, organisation) support or promote (e.g. through social media posts, donations, attending protests and other direct actions etc.)?
- Does your business/organisation have an ethical labour policy or code of practice (either formal or informal) which ensures fair labour practices?
- Does your business/organisation have policies and practices which actively promote diversity and inclusion?
- Does your business/organisation use an ethical bank or building society?