- Ambra Translations
More about Ambra Translations
AMBRA TRANSLATIONS is an international network of passionate, top-notch native translators from all over the world!⠀
Our focus is on vegan and sustainable companies that share the same values and respect for animals, the environment and human beings.
Since 2011 we have been working on translation, localization, proofreading and post-editing of websites, emails, contracts, catalogs, brochures, product sheets, online ads, articles, posts, technical manuals, CVs, keywords… We have also gained experience in many areas: astrology, furniture, automotive, children, legal, electronics, finance & economics (incl. stock market, cryptocurrency – bitcoin – blockchain), fitness, real estate, medicine & health, vegan lifestyle, fashion & beauty, tourism, web & IT.
We translate into and from 30+ European and Asian languages.
We are punctual, precise (picky!) but fast, equipped with the best CAT tools on the market.
Email: [email protected]
Connect & follow Ambra Translations
- Are all the products your entity (business, brand, organisation) produces and/or retails suitable for vegans? If no, then, unfortunately, you cannot register as we only accept submissions from 100% vegan entities.
- Which of the following best describes you (professionals and sole traders) or your organisation?
- Is your organisation an independent business/brand or a corporate owned business/brand?
- Are you a Grassroots organisation (for projects, charities/NGOs)?
- Are you a BAME (Black, Asian & Minority Ethnic) owned/run business/organisation?
- What type of business/organisation are you?
- Are you a woman-owned/run business/organisation?
Social, Economic and Environmental Justice
- Which social, economic or environmental justice causes does your entity (business, brand, organisation) support or promote (e.g. through social media posts, donations, attending protests and other direct actions etc.)?
Feminism and gender justice
- Does your business/organisation have an ethical labour policy or code of practice (either formal or informal) which ensures fair labour practices?
- Does your business/organisation have policies and practices which actively promote diversity and inclusion?
- Is your business a member of the World Fair Trade Organisation?
- Do you source products and/or ingredients from companies and suppliers that support fair labour practices?
Environment and Sustainability
- Does your business, organisation or project follow a zero waste philosophy?
What was the motivation behind your brand, business or organisation? What did you want to change in the world?
Our translation agency was founded with a very specific desire: to connect people. Ambra, the founder, has always loved languages and studied them for many years. She has always enjoyed learning a new language and the culture surrounding it. Coming into contact with a different culture enriches you immensely from every point of view, much more than you would expect.
That is why she has always taken incredible pleasure from connecting with people who speak different languages! Only with deeper communication, can you have more understanding and respect for others.
Who is the team behind your brand, business or organisation?
It all started as a solo journey, in Tuscany, Italy: Ambra worked for a couple of years as a translator from English, German and French into Italian, until her clients started asking her to translate into other languages. She then started looking for other linguists to build a team of like-minded professionals, which has grown bigger and bigger over the years.
We are now more than 50 translators all over the world, but we all share the same desire to help companies whose message resonates with ours!
What one thing about your brand, business or organisation would most surprise us, or is not known outside of your team?
We often tend to consider translators to be boring people who sit in front of their laptops all day long - this is definitely not the case! Besides being specialised in translating for sustainable and vegan companies, we like to translate anything sports-related. This is because, Ambra, the founder, is a true sportaholic: she is a long-distance runner and yogi. She likes to combine the dynamism and perseverance of running with the flexibility of yoga even at work. Standing still is not her thing - and she gathered many other translators in our team who share the same passion!
If your brand, business or organisation could be granted one wish, what would you wish for?
We would like to help as many environmentally and animal-friendly companies as possible! All too often we see brands offering fantastic products who, thinking they don't have enough budget, only have a website in English. This severely limits their business, as translating a website (even an e-commerce one) is not as expensive as you might think - especially given the huge economic returns from opening up new markets!
Is there anything else that you would like to share with us about your brand business or organisation?
Ambra Translations bears the founder’s name because it started as a solo journey, but it would be nothing without the precious collaborators who every day translate, localise, proofread and edit our clients’ copy with dedication and passion. Each translator is carefully selected and every translation undergoes a thorough QA process.
We always work with native speakers because they have a better sense of the language than an Italian who has studied a foreign language and works in an Italian office. In addition, native speakers know the culture of their country better and therefore provide more accurate translations. So, you can be sure that your translation really speaks to the heart of your target audience – which is what matters the most.