Akoma International UK Limited
- Akoma International UK Limited
More about Akoma International UK Limited
At Akoma, we do business in a way that's good for everybody.
From the start of our production process, right to the moment when you're using one of our fabulous products, you can be satisfied that we've thought about our workers, the environment, and you every step of the way.
Our raw shea butter, coconut oil, cocoa butter, and black soap products are produced in cooperatives in Ghana, using traditional methods that don't harm the environment, producing 100% organic products. Our raw shea butter and black soap are certified Fairtrade, which means all our workers are paid a fair price, and our raw shea butter is also certified organic. All our other products are organic and fairly traded.
Our all-natural skin care and spa products are both high quality and of great value.
The pure plant ingredients used have all been specially chosen for their natural healing properties, giving a wonderful sense of comfort and luxury to our products so you can enjoy using them day after day.
Our growing customer base around the globe chooses Akoma because the products are so easy to use and gentle on your skin.
Cooperatives in Ghana
We’re committed to having a positive impact on emerging economies in the developing world. We work with cooperatives in Ghana that process and produce our raw shea butter, palm oil, coconut oil, cocoa butter, and black soap products. We also import food ingredients to the UK.
The Akoma Cooperative Multipurpose Society in Ghana employs women in the local community and is an important source of income for them. The workers harvest, gather, and prepare the raw ingredients to produce the raw shea butter, palm oil, coconut oil, cocoa butter, and black soap products in a way that does not disturb the local ecosystem.
By adhering to Fairtrade guidelines, Akoma represents a new breed of companies that focus on fair prices, good working conditions, sustainability, and fair terms of trade.
A million lives changed
By choosing products from Akoma, you're helping to improve the lives of everyone who works in our Fairtrade cooperative. Our mission is to help change a million lives for the better and with your help, we're well on our way.
We ship with either Royal Mail, UPS, and DPD on all domestic and international orders. Our online shopping cart automatically calculates the shipping cost based on the weight of the items you have selected.
Shipping costs are displayed before you finalise your order and shipping rates are calculated by weight to a maximum of 100kg for all items purchased online.
Free Shipping (Available to most (UK) Mainland Post Codes).
We are offering free shipping on orders with a total weight of over 15kg and over (UK Mainland Only) or for orders over £60.00
Shipping (UK) Mainland
Orders weighing between 60g up to 2kg, we ship via Royal Mail second class mail.
Orders weighing between 2.001kg - 100kg we ship via DPD/UPS.
Orders weighing between 60g and 2kg, we ship via Royal Mail (Air Mail).
Orders weighing between 2kg and 100kg we ship via (DPD, UPS, FedEx)
Order over 100kg contact us for competitive a competitive quote.
International shipments will be subject to Import Taxes and duties. If the delivery is refused by the receiver, a return fee will be applied.
Next day service is available during working days only Monday - Friday.
Orders must be received before 1 pm to allow for processing time.
Email: [email protected]
Connect & follow Akoma International UK Limited
- Are all the products your entity (business, brand, organisation) produces and/or retails suitable for vegans? If no, then, unfortunately, you cannot register as we only accept submissions from 100% vegan entities.
- Which of the following best describes you (professionals and sole traders) or your organisation?
- Is your organisation an independent business/brand or a corporate owned business/brand?
- Are you a Grassroots organisation (for projects, charities/NGOs)?
- Are you a BAME (Black, Asian & Minority Ethnic) owned/run business/organisation?
- What type of business/organisation are you?
- Are you a woman-owned/run business/organisation?
Social, Economic and Environmental Justice
- Which social, economic or environmental justice causes does your entity (business, brand, organisation) support or promote (e.g. through social media posts, donations, attending protests and other direct actions etc.)?
- What do you do to support or promote each of the causes you have identified?
Our mission is to help change a million lives for the better, and this forms the basis for our philosophy. Our transparent and traceable supply chain reassures our customers, who choose to work with us because of our strong ethical standards.
- Does your business/organisation have an ethical labour policy or code of practice (either formal or informal) which ensures fair labour practices?
- Does your business/organisation have policies and practices which actively promote diversity and inclusion?
- Do any of the products you produce and/or retail, or ingredients you use, have fairtrade certifications?
Some (less than a third)
- Do you source products and/or ingredients from companies and suppliers that support fair labour practices?
Environment and Sustainability
- If any of the products you produce and/or retail, or ingredients you use, have a sustainable production certification, please indicate which certifications apply?
- Overall, how many of the products that you produce and/or retail, or ingredients you use, are certified by the sustainable production certifications listed in the question above?
- Are any of the products that you produce and/or retail, or ingredients you use, produced using sustainable production methods albeit uncertified?
- Are any of the products that you produce and/or retail, or ingredients you use, free of palm oil?
Many (one to two thirds)
- If any of the products that you produce and/or retail, or ingredients you use, contain palm oil, is it sustainably sourced?
- Do you reuse, recycle and/or donate any waste products (e.g. food, plastics, packaging etc.)?
- Do you only use recycled or recyclable materials for packaging?
- Is all of your packaging biodegradable?
- Does your business, organisation or project follow a zero waste philosophy?
Energy, Transport and Distribution
- How many of the products you produce and/or retail, and/or the ingredients you use, are made in the country in which your entity (business, organisation) is based?
Many (one to two thirds)
- Does your business support or give back to the local community in any way?
- Does your business/organisation use an ethical bank or building society?