- Aiya ayiA
More about Aiya ayiA
/ Eye-ah /
caregiver or caretaker - a person who takes care of another
Aiya aiyA is sustainable vegan luxury. Our collection of handbags and accessories is constructed entirely of plant leather, dyed naturally with flowers, and meticulously handcrafted by skilled artisans in Canada. Consciously built to ensure we do no harm to the planet, animals, and humans, we are chemical-free, petroleum-free, and plastic-free.
No animals or plants were harmed in the name of fashion!
Aiya ayiA stands for life of all forms.
Our mantra is creating sustainable products fuelled by a sense of purpose. We are driven by our responsibility to give back to the planet & people; creating a lasting impact that generates positive change to improve life for others and for generations to come.
Inspired by nature, Aiya ayiA is methodically & consciously built using circular, closed-loop techniques to ensure we do no harm to the planet, animals & people at any stage of the process or lifecycle of our products.
Starting with natural ingredients that can be safely broken down into nutrients and returned to nature. Giving back everything that was taken out to achieve zero waste.
PETA Vegan Approved
Plant Leather - made from leftover plant waste
Handmade - by local skilled artisans
Natural Dyes - using flowers and tree bark
Made in Canada
Upcycling program - Project Infinity
Plant a tree with every order
Gives Back - donate 1% of every purchase to rescue girls & women from abuse and poverty
Email: [email protected]
Connect & follow Aiya ayiA
- Are all the products your entity (business, brand, organisation) produces and/or retails suitable for vegans? If no, then, unfortunately, you cannot register as we only accept submissions from 100% vegan entities.
- Which of the following best describes you (professionals and sole traders) or your organisation?
- Is your organisation an independent business/brand or a corporate owned business/brand?
- Are you a Grassroots organisation (for projects, charities/NGOs)?
- Are you a BAME (Black, Asian & Minority Ethnic) owned/run business/organisation?
- What type of business/organisation are you?
- Are you a woman-owned/run business/organisation?
Social, Economic and Environmental Justice
- Which social, economic or environmental justice causes does your entity (business, brand, organisation) support or promote (e.g. through social media posts, donations, attending protests and other direct actions etc.)?
Feminism and gender justice
Refugee and asylum justice
- What do you do to support or promote each of the causes you have identified?
Our entire business is built circularly to support all the above causes from beginning to end of life. We specifically choose our partners who also align with these causes, we use little of our natural resources, only use carbon neutral shipping, plant Mangrove trees and donate to organizations rescuing girls and women from abuse and poverty. We are also building back manufacturing and economy locally by producing and hiring for all positions/tasks locally and not outsourcing to other countries.
- Does your business/organisation have an ethical labour policy or code of practice (either formal or informal) which ensures fair labour practices?
- Does your business/organisation have policies and practices which actively promote diversity and inclusion?
- Is your business a member of the World Fair Trade Organisation?
- Do you source products and/or ingredients from companies and suppliers that support fair labour practices?
Environment and Sustainability
- Are any of the products that you produce and/or retail, or ingredients you use, free of palm oil?
- Do you reuse, recycle and/or donate any waste products (e.g. food, plastics, packaging etc.)?
- Do you only use recycled or recyclable materials for packaging?
- Is all of your packaging biodegradable?
- Does your business, organisation or project follow a zero waste philosophy?
Energy, Transport and Distribution
- How many of the products you produce and/or retail, and/or the ingredients you use, are made in the country in which your entity (business, organisation) is based?
- Does your business support or give back to the local community in any way?
- Does your business/organisation use an ethical bank or building society?