Advocates for Animals
- Advocates for Animals
More about Advocates for Animals
To help clients hold to account not only people who break the law but also governments and other bodies charged with enforcing it.
To live in a world where animals are protected by philosophically consistent laws which are regulated and enforced effectively.
Email: [email protected]
Connect & follow Advocates for Animals
- Which of the following best describes you (professionals and sole traders) or your organisation?
- Is your organisation an independent business/brand or a corporate owned business/brand?
- Are you a Grassroots organisation (for projects, charities/NGOs)?
- Are you a BAME (Black, Asian & Minority Ethnic) owned/run business/organisation?
- What type of business/organisation are you?
- Are you a woman-owned/run business/organisation?
Social, Economic and Environmental Justice
- Which social, economic or environmental justice causes does your entity (business, brand, organisation) support or promote (e.g. through social media posts, donations, attending protests and other direct actions etc.)?
- Is your business a member of the World Fair Trade Organisation?
- Does your business support or give back to the local community in any way?
- Does your business/organisation use an ethical bank or building society?
Around 2005 David Thomas, a then in-house solicitor at Cruelty Free International, had the groundbreaking idea of an animal law firm; after all, why should animals go without legal representation or have the laws that are designed to protect them go unenforced? Over the years there was interest and conversations with others about the idea, which kept the dream alive, but it was when Edie Bowles joined him as a solicitor at Cruelty Free International in 2016 that Advocates for Animals started to take shape.
After many discussions between the two recognising the desperate need and the growing interest from the animal protection community, they finally decided to take that leap of faith. Edie used her entrepreneurial skills and business acumen to turn the idea of an animal law firm not only into a reality but a successful business.
From fruition, Advocates for Animals has also been blessed with a committed team that goes above and beyond every day to help our clients and animals.
A combination of good timing, unparalleled expertise, and unrelenting passion for animal protection, has ensured that Advocates for Animals has been established as the leading firm for anyone who needs specialist legal assistance to protect animals.
However, above all of this is the role our clients have played in forming Advocates for Animals. From established animal groups to lone activists, we have been truly humbled by the great work each of our clients does to protect animals. Without their work, commitment and continuing support, Advocates for Animals would not exist. It is an honour to be able to assist them with legal tools to further their objectives and help animals in need.