VEGKY Mushroom Jerky
- VEGKY Mushroom Jerky
More about VEGKY Mushroom Jerky
Made from the stem of shiitake mushrooms, the meaty texture will have you fooled thinking this is beef jerky. These nutritiously dense gems of nature are packed with countless health benefits. These range from antimicrobial properties to promoting skin, cardiovascular and skeletal health. Curb your hunger in between meals and be guilt-free eating our delicious and cruelty-free Original Shiitake Mushroom Jerky.
High in Fiber
Rich in Protein
Ingredients: Shiitake mushroom stems, salt, soy sauce, soybean oil, sugar, five-spice powder, white pepper, and potassium sorbate
Send us a message on whatsapp: +1-973-885-4151
We are located in New Jersey, USA.
We ship worldwide.
Email: [email protected]
Wheelchair access: Yes
Wheelchair accessible toilet: Yes
Connect & follow VEGKY Mushroom Jerky
- Are all the products your entity (business, brand, organisation) produces and/or retails suitable for vegans? If no, then, unfortunately, you cannot register as we only accept submissions from 100% vegan entities.
- Which of the following best describes you (professionals and sole traders) or your organisation?
- Is your organisation an independent business/brand or a corporate owned business/brand?
- Are you a Grassroots organisation (for projects, charities/NGOs)?
- Are you a BAME (Black, Asian & Minority Ethnic) owned/run business/organisation?
- What type of business/organisation are you?
- Are you a woman-owned/run business/organisation?
Social, Economic and Environmental Justice
- Which social, economic or environmental justice causes does your entity (business, brand, organisation) support or promote (e.g. through social media posts, donations, attending protests and other direct actions etc.)?
- What do you do to support or promote each of the causes you have identified?
We support PETA and protest for #BLM Black Lives Matter
- Does your business/organisation have an ethical labour policy or code of practice (either formal or informal) which ensures fair labour practices?
- Does your business/organisation have policies and practices which actively promote diversity and inclusion?
- Is your business a member of the World Fair Trade Organisation?
- Do you source products and/or ingredients from companies and suppliers that support fair labour practices?
Environment and Sustainability
- Overall, how many of the products that you produce and/or retail, or ingredients you use, are certified by the sustainable production certifications listed in the question above?
- Are any of the products that you produce and/or retail, or ingredients you use, produced using sustainable production methods albeit uncertified?
- Are any of the products that you produce and/or retail, or ingredients you use, free of palm oil?
- If any of the products that you produce and/or retail, or ingredients you use, contain palm oil, is it sustainably sourced?
- Does your business support or give back to the local community in any way?
What was the motivation behind your project? What did you want to change in the world?
We found an alternative plant-based meat that is made from sustainably grown mushrooms. I LOVED this and I wanted to tailor it to the market segment of people who are easing themselves into plant-based foods but still liked the taste of meat. I found the perfect product. This mushroom jerky that tastes like meat is saving the lives of cows and reduces greenhouse pollutants.
Who is the team behind your project?
Thomas Hong is the owner/founder and we have Mrs. Aiike Hong as the co-owner. We run this business on our own.
What one thing about your project would most surprise us?
We source this from sustainably grown mushroom farms in central Taiwan.
If your project could be granted one wish, what would you wish for?
We wish our mushroom jerky would completely replace all beef jerky out there.
Is there anything else that you would like to share with us about your project?
We're always looking for other sustainably grown meat alternatives to bring to market.