More about FemVegArt
FemVegArt is all about promoting feminism/gender equality and veganism/anti-speciesism. I create a great variety of products: print-on-demand items with my own designs (like t-shirts, art prints, tote bags, etc.), as well as OOAK art like paintings, doll clothing, or dolls. My products are vegan/cruelty-free, ethically sourced, and certified organic (where applicable). I try to re-use materials and packaging as much as possible.
My products are for people who want to raise awareness and proudly express their values in small things that can have great meaning. My approach is intersectional, which means that I'm aware of how all oppression is related and rooted in the same basic cause. In the future I want to put more focus on this in my products.
I sell primarily on Ebay, but also have a store on Vegana and Etsy (see key info for the links). Please note that at the moment I only ship to the UK, but feel free to contact me if you are interested in purchasing something internationally.
Connect & follow FemVegArt
- Are all the products your entity (business, brand, organisation) produces and/or retails suitable for vegans? If no, then, unfortunately, you cannot register as we only accept submissions from 100% vegan entities.
- Which of the following best describes you (professionals and sole traders) or your organisation?
- Is your organisation an independent business/brand or a corporate owned business/brand?
- Are you a Grassroots organisation (for projects, charities/NGOs)?
- Are you a BAME (Black, Asian & Minority Ethnic) owned/run business/organisation?
- What type of business/organisation are you?
- Are you a woman-owned/run business/organisation?
Social, Economic and Environmental Justice
- Which social, economic or environmental justice causes does your entity (business, brand, organisation) support or promote (e.g. through social media posts, donations, attending protests and other direct actions etc.)?
Feminism and gender justice
- What do you do to support or promote each of the causes you have identified?
I aim to raise awareness/promote a cause/express support with regards to these issues through my designs and products.
- Do any of the products you produce and/or retail, or ingredients you use, have fairtrade certifications?
Many (one to two thirds)
- Do you source products and/or ingredients from companies and suppliers that support fair labour practices?
As much as possible
Environment and Sustainability
- If any of the products you produce and/or retail, or ingredients you use, have a sustainable production certification, please indicate which certifications apply?
Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS) certified
- Overall, how many of the products that you produce and/or retail, or ingredients you use, are certified by the sustainable production certifications listed in the question above?
Many (one to two thirds)
- Do you reuse, recycle and/or donate any waste products (e.g. food, plastics, packaging etc.)?
- Do you only use recycled or recyclable materials for packaging?
- Is all of your packaging biodegradable?
- Does your business, organisation or project follow a zero waste philosophy?
Energy, Transport and Distribution
- How many of the products you produce and/or retail, and/or the ingredients you use, are made in the country in which your entity (business, organisation) is based?
Some (less than a third)
- Does your business/organisation use an ethical bank or building society?
What was the motivation behind your project? What did you want to change in the world?
I think all forms of oppression that exist in our world constitute an emergency and that it’s every adult’s responsibility to do their bit to make the world a better place for everyone. Chronique Fatigue and my mental health make it impossible for me to do any other work or engage in direct activism at the moment, so I’m creating my art and running my online shop both as the only means to support myself and to do something for non-human and human animals.
Who is the team behind your project?
I’m a sole trader.
What one thing about your project would most surprise us?
Most of my designs are hand-drawn.
If your project could be granted one wish, what would you wish for?
I really wish I could reach more people, especially children. It’s so important that they learn compassion - both for themselves and others. I’ve written a vegan children’s book and would like to be able to share that with as many people as possible. So my wish would be to get the chance to collaborate with an inspiring artist/project/organisation who would have a much wider scope – that way I could do something more for the cause and reach more people.
Is there anything else that you would like to share with us about your project?
I’m currently looking for UK-based brand ambassadors. You can find the job on veganjobs.com (remote jobs).